Wedding Woes

Fiction Readers

Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse series (what True Blood is based off of)? I blasted through the first nine books in the past few weeks and I love them. Far more fascinating than Twilight (shut up!). I just ordered season one and two of True Blood on DVD since I liked the books so much.

I feel like these vampires are more Bmom's style than Twilight vampires so I think she'd like this. They're muderous and sexy, just like she likes them.

I also recently started the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and I'm really liking it too. I've only read book one but it wasn't the typical comedy mystery because the lead character is so average. I loved that.

Re: Fiction Readers

• edited December 2011
    I was going to, but then I heard about Lafayette in the book and decided not to. He's my favorite character.
  • jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I love this series, although I think Bmom has mentioned she isn't a fan of Sookie's character.
  • edited December 2011
    that made me sad too. But he wasn't even IN the book until that. The only thing the book said about him is he made good sauce for the burgers.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not. Maybe this is a good reason to finally get a library card.

I do recommend the Undead series by MaryJanice Davidson. They're very funny. And Nora Roberts has a vampire series (the Circle Trilogy) that I've probably read 4 times.
  • edited December 2011
    oooh, I'll put those on my list. I have a student assistant who is book crazy so she bought and then lent me books 1-8 and I bought her book 9 as a thank you. So basically I paid $5.99 to read the whole series. I'm waiting until Book 10 comes out in paperback to get it. She brings me in a new book at least once a week, it's awesome. She's like my own personal library.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My mom and sister just finished the whole Stephanie Plum series and they loved it.
  • edited December 2011
    I've read the SS books.  They are totally different from TB.  Lafayette is my favorite TB character but I don't miss him in the books b/c they are so different.  I've read up to book 5 in the Stephanie Plum books.  I love Grandma Mazur.  Apparently, they are making movie staring Katherine Heigl. 
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like she's the perfect person to play stephanie! She even looks like I thought Stephananie looked (you know, in my head)
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Meh. I read the first one, and it was good, but I wasn't crazy about Sookie. Since it's all first-person, it's a little much to get through if you don't like who's talking.

She seemed young. I was also a little taken aback by all the adverbs. Are they making a comeback? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards