Wedding Woes
Options

what is this nonsense?

one of my friends is getting married.  i was just informed that we are "expected" to bring a gift to the engagement party.  i am already invited to the shower and the wedding.

who are these people, and why are they trying to get three gifts out of me?  they're going to be crappy gifts, if that's what they think.

Re: what is this nonsense?

• Options
    **Stinky!****Stinky!** member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Give them one gift (like a blender), and divide it into three parts. WALLAH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Buy a 6 pack of tubesocks and give then 2 pairs for each event.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who told you it was "expected"? I would buy 1 place setting of their china, give them the salad plate as an engagment gift, the cup and saucer as the shower gift, and the dinner and bread plates as a wedding gift. Done and Done.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the shower host told me.  thank goodness it was over the phone and she couldn't see my face or finger.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how tacky. 
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wooden spoons usually come in sets of three. I'm just saying.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is bold to tell someone to bring a gift.  However, in my area, the norm is to bring a gift to an e-party.  But it is usually something small.  Like a picture frame or something like that.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards