Wedding Woes
Options

Morning!

Did everyone survive the weekend?

It was clean, clean, clean around here.  Every cabinet, baseboard, window, gosh-darn louver door, picture and appliance is clean.  I need to do my basic bath/dust/vacuum, but I need to do that every week anyway.   My friend put in 15+ hrs up and down and all around with some of my nastiest places.  I paid her $150 which I thought was fair.  She was over the moon. 

I called the realtor and we should be getting together late this week.  DH has a couple little things left on his list, but the worst is over.

I also realized I can't be left alone with cash:
Mom has a sick kid and they are taking a collection for gas cards- here's the $12 I have in my wallet so I get more.
Second collection for St. V's here's the last $20.  I get more cash
Spend $8 on pizza and someone is collecting for a youth program, here's my last $2.

I'm going to Aldi today and I need more cash.  I'm in trouble.

Re: Morning!

• Options
    Leg de NicoLeg de Nico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday, I worked.
    Saturday, we vegged and then went to a bbq.  Fun times.
    Sunday, more vegging, lots of cleaning and then I worked several hours.

And over 300 emails written to the guy, and over 300 received, over the course of 2 days.  :\
    aka: nicoleg1982
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    300 emails?  Wowza.  Still trying not to squee?

Weekend was relatively quiet and wonderful.  I am happy for this.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There have been some discussions of continued visits and things.  But the logistics are what they are.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did quite a bit of 'nothing' this weekend--it was very nice.

I have decided that Buffy takes after the Mr...  It's sickening, really.  I dump a box of crayons in front of ehr and put down paper and lay on the floor so we can draw (she discovered crayons recently)...and she busily has to put all the crayons back in the box.
    I pick up the living room and she gets upset that the coasters aren't stacked correctly
    I put books back on the shelf and she actually throws a screaming tantrum that, since they're different sizes, the last 2 don't line up properly when she tries to straighten them.
    Nurture my ass.

I made home-made peanutbutter and nutella pie pops.  Both made me happy.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    GBCK, I need those pops.  ASAP.  heh

Boo to Nico...logistics suck.  There is always the future? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Friday night I had dinner with BFF and then she came back to the house and poor H had to suffer while we did the typical relationship post-mortem.

Saturday we laid around, did some stuff around the house (he went to the store and HD to get the wire shelf), emptied out the DVR and then headed to friend's pizza party. We had a good time at the party, but when I got back to the house, I crashed. I pretty much ruined our plans for the night.

Sunday we slept in (well, H did. I laid in bed with him and watched TV). Then we went to the store and he made dinner and we watched more TV. It was nice to have him and Jake at the apartment. It makes it feel like home. However, I'll be glad to have the place to myself tonight. HOARDY HOLE 4 LYFE.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oface, it would require much juggling.  He lives in TX, I live in FL.  I also have a child and xH to consider.  And what if, in the same town, it didn't work out?  I have serious concerns about that - he is Catholic, I'm not.  One of us will have moved for a failed relationship.  And me moving would mean more legalities with xH.  M's job is so secure and profitable, he would be stupid to take a lesser job here.  Plus, I just freaking got divorced, yo.

Right now, the distance is nice.  Makes me pace myself, yet is still exciting/fun.  And I'll see him at Xmas.  He already has a date night planned.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I know nico.  I'm just saying on a "lets have fun" basis now.  I guess if you're thinking that far into the future and you know it won't work, either you let it ride or you try to shut it down.

I hate real life.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now, since I am not pursuing other distractions, I'm batting this around like a dead mouse.  ;)  We'll see where it goes.  If something becomes serious, I'll update.  For now, it's just all very romantical.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    FTR, I used 'jiffy mix' pie crust mix and these were SUPER easy to make...reccomend :)
  • Options
    thatgrrrrlthatgrrrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My oldest friend in the world was here for 24 hours. It was wonderful.

Last night I made super awesome bacon laden dinner for us and our friend who I cook for every Sunday. It was pasta carbonara (the real way with egg in the sauce) with smashed parsnips, pan roasted radishes, and garlic bread. Dessert was candied bacon. It was a dinner full of WIN
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Friday - DD's 3 year dr appt - - no shots other than the flu shot, so that was good.   They wanted her to pee in a cup and I just laughed and laughed.   DD won't even pee in a potty, how in the world am I going to get her to pee in a cup.   I can hardly pee in a cup.    Anyway, DD is 39 inches tall and is in the 75-90 percentile for height.   I really hope this continues and that she is tall like her daddy (well, maybe not 6 feet) and not 5'2" like me.

Saturday - - lots of cleaning for DD's bday party, huge grocery trip, then our friends came in from out of town.   We took DD to her granparents house to spend the night, then went out to with our friends.   We had so much fun and ate so much food.    It was a great night, but we all stayed up way to late.   We're too old for that, so Sunday morning we were struggling.   Before bed, I iced 2 dozen cupcakes and baked a pumpkin pie.

Sunday - - got up at 8 and started cooking.   Made two huge batches of chili, made and baked an apple pie from scratch, made mini candy apples, made poison apple punch,  set up the rest of the food and decorated for the party.    My mom brought DD back about an hour before the party and we got her into her Snow White dress and then dealt with a huge temper tantrum.   She straightened up just in time and had a great time at her party.    We had about 25 people, including 8 kids and babies, and I decided that is about 10 people too many for our house.  
    DH and I were exhausted last night and went to bed at about 9:30.   We left a ton of stuff to clean up after we get home from work tonight.   That was a bad idea because now I'm dreading tonight.   :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Flo, that was a lot of work but sounds yummy.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a great party!
    Although after-party cleanup dread sucks.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Morning, weekend was good and I'm wishing I had one more day. I got got to take one of my meds this morning and it's the one that help keeps me awake so I'm going to assume that by 2 pm i'll be dragging and barely functional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Flo, you're amazing.

When listening to how people prepare for parties, I am once again reminded why it is a good idea I don't have children (yet).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Friday and Saturday I was still at my brothers (he is doing really well). I came home yesterday morning because I needed to work at my part time job, but then they called and canceled my shift so I took a five hour nap, went and bought icecream and then watched youtube until I fell asleep. Now I'm back at work.
    This week helping out my brother and his 3 kids definitely cemented my not want of children. I was there cooking, cleaning and taking the kids to and from school, my SIL was there for part of the week and she was still running around, making calls and busy as ever even with my help. I don't know how she does it.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thursday: We got more altos in the choir!!!! Even though one's a hippie, I'm happy I have an actual section to lead now. Maybe they'll finally start paying me for the job I do. That would be nice. 

Friday: I went down to Springs for what I thought was a recital, but it was a fundraising concert: my new friends are starting an opera company. I met a bunch of new people and got to go for drinks with some of them and I had a *blast*. 

Saturday: Cleared out the DVR.

Sunday: Had church in the morning - all the newbies showed up! Which means I get to sit with the tenors now, which I'm sure will get nipped in the bud momentarily. We have too much fun together. 

There was no bowling, but there was sex instead, so I feel like I came out ahead for the week. And I wrote my thousand words last night, which was such a relief: I've been writing crap for like two weeks now. I was beginning to worry. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards