Wedding Woes
Options

Help me find a website

I know I've seen something before that shows how your income ranks amongst the world but I can't find it now.  Anyone else know of something like that?

Why I ask:  BFF is having a pity party because she is almost 35 and not a millionaire yet.  "I'm a failure!!"  I want to slap her.  She is always whining about how I don't understand how hard it is for her financially because she isn't married.  Yet she owns a house that is worth twice the value of mine and drives a brand new loaded VW while I'm driving a 98 Camry with a cassette player.  If I say ANYTHING about cleaning lady or going on a weekend trip she has to mention how nice it must be to be able to afford those things.  I'll be staying at the Super 8 on that trip and eating with Groupon coupons.  She eats out about 3 times more than I do and has much nicer clothes, buys department store cosmetics while I'm shopping at Wal-Mart, etc.  She also pays for dog walkers and personal trainers...so why the hell is she jealous of me?   Either of those costs more than my cleaning lady.  Grrr.

Given, her complaints probably have very little to do with money and more just general unhappiness.   So I won't slap her.  But good grief I'd love to hear her be thankful for something.  Anything.  I know I can't force her to change her attitude, but we all know I love to try.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help me find a website

• Options
    Sounds like her money goes to mortgage and cars.  I catch a lot of flack from BIL and stupid SIL about how rich we are. 
  • Options
    Sounds like she is an ungrateful jerk.  Also, not every going to be happy.  It is proven that with affluence your happiness goes down. 
  • Options
    Thanks hmo.  Global Rich List is the one I think I've seen before.  Now I feel SUPER rich. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

make it rain, zsa!

• Options

It's kindof hard sometimes to keep perspective. I know from the numbers that we're doing very well. Not 1%, but not too far off.  But I think most people only see people who are doing as well as they are or better. I don't tend to hang out in low-income neighborhoods.

Most of the people I tend to compare myself to also have a shitton of debt, and I often have to consciously remind myself of that.

And yes, she has other issues.

So no slapping, but yes, show her the numbers. I do remember being shocked when we saw our percentage, and that was just in the US - no third-world incomes involved.

• Options
    I have a friend who no matter how much money she has, she is going to act poor. I know she has to be doing OK...I mean, they have a kid, house, new cars - a bunch of stuff I don't have - but she also has medical issues. But even if she didn't, she'd be poor mouthing. Her sister and I talk about this all the time. It's her thing....I wish she'd get a new thing.
  • Options
    I'm with you Min.  Appreciate what you have...period.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards