Wedding Woes
Options

My fiance refuses to give groomsmen gifts! help!

My fiance and I are getting married in March 2013 and I can't convince him to give groomsmen gifts! I feel as though these people are spending money (some are traveling here from other cities) he should give them something - just as a thank you. He is helping one friend pay for airfare to get here but I think even if it is just a pair of socks and a thank you card or something - their time should be acknowledged. He says he has been in 4 or 5 weddings and has never recieved gifts and that is crazy to me! Is this normal? Should I let it go?

Re: My fiance refuses to give groomsmen gifts! help!

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    i would let this one go.

or, you can also get them a little something yourself if you can't.
  • Options
    it's crazy to me that you're freaking out about this 9 months in advance.

if you don't want your FI to look like an ungrateful asshat, ***you*** can always give the guys something - say a TY card and a restaurant GC.
  • Options
    Please don't give socks as a gift. Try a good quality jockstrap instead.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    With you invloved, the best gift would be the gift of booze.
  • Options
    My fiance was the same way. I just took him out of the equation. I bought the groomsmen flasks as a thank you gift. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hee - DH bought GM gifts about an hour before the rehearsal.   I didn't give a sh1t if he did it or not - certainly not 9 months ahead of time.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    i really don't see the big deal if he doesn't get them gifts. you said yourself he never got one for being in a wedding. i can't imagine worrying about this 9 months out. i would probably be happy to not have to see that money spent.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm alone here, but it's not like I love the BP gifts I've gotten.  It's a nice thought and all, but I don't need another tote/pashmina/pair of monogrammed flip flops (really!) and I think the same is true for groomsmen and the gifty crap they get--flasks or whatever.  I don't even remember what we gave our groomsmen.  I doubt if they'll strop over it.
  • Options
    I understand that you would be freaking out about it (i'm the type of person that wants everything done now).  i say you should lt it go and bring it up a few months down the road.  if he is still not into it, let it go.  i don't think guys really care if they get gifts for being in a weddign party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards