Wedding Woes
Options

i have a diva cup question.

when you need to empty it, do you need to rinse it out before re-insertion?  i just see the timeline as:

go into bathroom and enter stall
remove cup and dump contents into toilet
leave stall, hands bloodied and holding plastic cup
rinse cup and re-enter stall
re-insert cup
leave stall, hands bloodied again and then wash hands

what if there is a line?  do you put a "hold" on the stall?

Re: i have a diva cup question.

• Options
    That's how I imagine it would go.  
  • Options

Please ask this on the green living board.

Also, I must say that this post's title alone made me snort before I even opened it.

• Options
    just rinse it in the toilet water. i can't imagine that this is any less hygenic than your scenario. flush first if you prefer fresh water.
  • Options
    If you leave the stall with bloody hands and pants around your ankles, a hold on the stall is implied.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    this is why i am sending zsazsa all the leftover valentine's day candy that i could find for 75% off.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    OMG, I am laughing like a loon over here.

There are girls on my local that use it.  I can ask them how it works if you wish.
  • Options

I am dying at this thread.   Maybe they just wipe it off?  I don't care if toilet water is fresh, that doesn't mean there aren't unseen poo remnants in the bowl..

br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options

The diva cup people say its perfectly acceptable to just wipe it off with toilet paper and reinsert, and wash it at a later, more convenient time.

But yes. Before I read that, I also envisioned such a thing as this... and it put me off completely.

• Options
    I have just learned my lesson on opening posts out of curiosity. I so could have gone the rest of my life without knowing such a thing exists. This is worse than the "family wipes" toilet paper I just learned about.
  • Options
    ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2012
    I only empty it every 12 hours (longer if I'm being lazy or forget it's in...), so I do it in the morning and in the evening.  I never have to empty it in public.  However, if I did have to empty it in a stall for some reason I'd just wipe it out with toilet paper and put it back in.  It doesn't have to be washed with soap every time.

• Options
    Also, there's no reason why your hands would be bloody from taking it out or emptying it.  Same with putting it in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards