Wedding Woes
Options

Annoying Future SIL

I noticed recently that everytime I bring up the wedding to my FSIL, she changes the topic to what she will wear (no matter the topic). She never ask questions that she cares to hear the answer to regarding the wedding. She is not in the bridal party and I have not asked for her services (i.e. hair or make up). She has always craved being the center of attention for any and every occassion, most recently my graduation dinner where she called all the shots and hit on one of our waiters. I fear that when it comes to the day of the wedding she going to take over that and do something to crave attention. Should I really worry?

Re: Annoying Future SIL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stop bringing up the wedding. She's not interested.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
     EDIT: I first read that as hitting a waiter, who cares if she hit on a waiter, are you going to freak out if another wedding guest does this?

Why are you talking to her at all about the wedding?  You don't need her input in any way so stop feeding into her AWish ways.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_annoying-future-sil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ff82e0fb-3ec3-4f32-b318-f5b7af40468aPost:2218c2bc-4470-43cb-8f70-b31748c3d55f">Annoying Future SIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]I noticed recently that <strong>everytime I bring up the wedding to my FSIL, she changes the topic to what she will wear (no matter the topic).</strong> She never ask questions that she cares to hear the answer to regarding the wedding. She is not in the bridal party and I have not asked for her services (i.e. hair or make up). She has always craved being the center of attention for any and every occassion, most recently my graduation dinner where she called all the shots and hit on one of our waiters. I fear that when it comes to the day of the wedding she going to take over that and do something to crave attention. Should I really worry?
    Posted by shaw2010[/QUOTE]

If she does something to annoy you every time you bring up your wedding, then why on earth do you keep bringing it up?
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Ignore her
    2. Stop talking about your wedding to her
    3. She'll look like an ass if she attempts any shenanigans at your wedding.
    4. Who cares if she takes home a waiter, groomsman, or anyone else.  Aren't you going home with your new husband on your wedding night?
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How could she possibly take over your wedding? Is she going to push you out of the way and marry her brother instead? The fact that you're concerned that you're not going to get enough attention at your own wedding makes me think that you're the one who has the problem.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did she have wild, crazy sex with the waiter on the table in front of everyone? 
    if not, it's a non-issue.

agreed with everyone else - don't talk to her about the wedding, she's not interested. 
  • Options
    shaw2010shaw2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok..  I was making a point about her taking over at MY GRADUATION DINNER. While we were toasting to ME so stop and loudly said OH HE'S CUTE while some one was talking. Like I said I was making a point. Moreover, I know her. She will make it about her, trust me. Not marrying him, but make a scene.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011

let the battle of the AWs begin!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, if she slapped you in the face every time you brought up the wedding, would you keep bringing up the wedding? No. Stop it.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so everyone will just think she is a rude attention whore, as long as you are the bigger person and just ignore it, it won't reflect poorly on you.

If you are concerned about her getting ridiculously trashed and puking on the guests, then you can make sure your venue knows who she is and that she might be a problem.   Laughing loudly during your first dance or something will only make her look like a fool, not you.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really? She stopped the toast and said that loud enough for the entire table to hear? Doubtful, because then the guy would have heard it too.

You just don't like her. Own it, and instead of looking for things about her to offend you, stop interacting with her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_annoying-future-sil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ff82e0fb-3ec3-4f32-b318-f5b7af40468aPost:b412a97d-194e-4de1-b961-1c798681dffb">Re: Annoying Future SIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so everyone will just think she is a rude attention whore, <strong>as long as you are the bigger person and just ignore it,</strong> it won't reflect poorly on you. If you are concerned about her getting ridiculously trashed and puking on the guests, then you can make sure your venue knows who she is and that she might be a problem.   Laughing loudly during your first dance or something will only make her look like a fool, not you.
    Posted by L&R70707[/QUOTE]

Sadly, it sounds as if that ship has sailed. 
  • Options
    shaw2010shaw2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually he did Duckis. Like I said  you don't know. I read what you wrote and took it under consideration. But I was there...you were not. But thank you for your advice again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_annoying-future-sil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ff82e0fb-3ec3-4f32-b318-f5b7af40468aPost:8a8c4a6b-5544-4f28-8fa1-fab27a5f7cf4">Re: Annoying Future SIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually he did Duckis. Like I said  you don't know. I read what you wrote and took it under consideration. <strong>But I was there...you were not.</strong> But thank you for your advice again

So...if you don't want advice from anyone who wasn't there, why are you posting this here?  Do you think anyone here was actually at your graduation party?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That doesn't change the second part of my response. You just don't like her. Anything she does is going to annoy you. You can work yourself up now by thinking of every way she could possibly offend you at your wedding, and you can work yourself up at the wedding by being offended by every single thing she does.

Or, you can suck it up, choose your attitude, and ignore her. Then she doesn't get the attention she craves, and you get to enjoy your day. It's win-win.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to give you some adviSe, but I can't. because I wasn't there.
  • Options
    shaw2010shaw2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like I said it was an example. For Duckis to say that its doubtful that she made the announce when I specifically said she did. And to add thank eveyone, who told me what my first instinct were to do...ignore her. I just wanted to see if I was crazy. For those with the sarcasm... thank you too. (Being the bigger person). (Sidenote sorry if this is in bold.)
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_annoying-future-sil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ff82e0fb-3ec3-4f32-b318-f5b7af40468aPost:8a8c4a6b-5544-4f28-8fa1-fab27a5f7cf4">Re: Annoying Future SIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually he did Duckis. Like I said  you don't know. I read what you wrote and took it under consideration. But I was there...you were not. But thank you for your advice again

So...what you're saying is that she's kinda obnoxious...and that *everyone* around her already knows this. 
    So, this isn't new, it isn't a shock, and it won't reflect badly on you, just her.

Families, by virtue of being amde up of humans, have annoying people in them.  She's yours.  You don't like her.  You do't have to.
    YOu can't control her behavior and you'll come off as obnxious if you try.
  • Options
    wednesday51wednesday51 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_annoying-future-sil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ff82e0fb-3ec3-4f32-b318-f5b7af40468aPost:46151916-f02f-4046-a067-8bcb75493e44">Re: Annoying Future SIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]did she have wild, crazy sex with the waiter on the table in front of everyone?  if not, it's a non-issue. agreed with everyone else - don't talk to her about the wedding, she's not interested. 
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

because if it was just normal, boring sex on the table in front of everyone you should just deal with it : )

i don't think you should bring it up anymore. and chances are, if anything, judging from the description you have painted of her, she will just make herself look like a royal idiot and/or whore at your wedding, which will only make you look better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    she wanted to be in it....and she isn't....so she isn't interested....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards