Reception Ideas

Cocktail hour food

Hey everyone!  We will be having an outdoor cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception.  We are having a lodge wedding, and storage space is at a bit of a premium.  My bartender suggested to me having one type of snack in a variety of forms (ie: just cookies, but lots of different kinds... but not dessert-y), to keep set up and serving simple, and something that we wouldn't have to refrigerate.  Any suggestions on what we could serve??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cocktail hour food

• AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    Just cookies?  What about people who don't like sweets? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No, sorry... I don't want to do cookies, I just couldn't think of another example.  Something savoury and snacky, I was thinking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Multiple kinds of gourment snack mix?  You could have sweet, savory, spicy, etc.

• AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    Ohhh, ok. Any of the suggestions above sound good to me. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks ladies!  Actually my bartender suggested different kinds of nuts... I like the snack mix too.  Maybe a browsing session at Costco is in order!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Cocktail hour food:
    Thanks ladies!  Actually my bartender suggested different kinds of nuts... I like the snack mix too.  Maybe a browsing session at Costco is in order!
    Posted by jenn5628
    Keep in mind that a lot of people are allergic to nuts so I would add something without nuts like the snack mix.
  • Agree with nuts and snack mixes (including some nut-free snacks) ... maybe also consider a popcorn bar?  Have paper cones or small bags for guests to scoop the popcorn (or the nuts/snack mix, for that matter) into. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards