Wedding Reception Forum

Kids and Food

What age should you deem a kid get their own plate?  In doing a head count we have maybe 10 or 15 folks with children of variant ages and are trying to estimate if they should be counted for a plate or not.  I didnt know if there was a hard fast rule on this.

Re: Kids and Food

• Kids start eating finger foods at 8-12 months.  I would guess 2 years. 

You can avoid haivng to guess for the real deal if you have good RSVP cards where a parent can choose if the kids will need a meal or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agreed on asking their parents - some might bring their own food and some might just let them eat off their own plate, so I would just email them or give them a quick call and ask.
  • Since they are different ages, definitely ask their parents to be sure. Our reception venue provided kids meals for 10 and under. Older than that ate an adult meal. But I do know some kids that are 10 or under that can eat an adult plate without any problems and I know some older kids who would be fine eating a smaller sized kids portion.
  • My son just turned 2 and he would be sharing off of my plate if he was with me at a wedding. For the 4-5 year olds I agree with PP's, ask their parents.
  • ask your caterer what age they consider children. for ours kids under 10 eat free
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards