Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Bouquet and Garter Toss

2»

Re: Bouquet and Garter Toss

• Options
    I'm not wearing a garter so the garter toss is out for me but we are doing what Lilou902 is doing.  and giving them the bouquet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with nontradduo. 

FI and I got engaged in December and my cousin's wedding was the end of January.  Even though I had a ring on my finger and told her outright that I didn't want to participate, she insisted that the DJ single me out to be brought on the floor. I was polite and stood in the back which wasn't far from the norm considering I had been standing the entire reception since there weren't enough chairs! 

Also, at FI's cousin's wedding in South Dakota, her dad stood over her and her husband as he took the garter off. It was the most awkward moment of the trip. 

Needless to say, neither of those are happening at our wedding!

• Options
    We're planning to do both. Its a silly little tradition that doesn't really mean anything...but its kinda fun. My fiance and I are pretty laid back people so we're just looking forward to partying and having fun at the reception and going with the flow. If the crowd's in to it we'll do it, if not we'll skip it. We're not gonna make a big deal about it though. And if the guy wants to put the garter on her, he can...if not its whatever. 
    Anniversary

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Also, at FI's cousin's wedding in South Dakota, her dad stood over her and her husband as he took the garter off. It was the most awkward moment of the trip. 
    Posted by lbarrow3[/QUOTE]
    Oh, ick.
  • Options

Wow! Thanks for all of the insight. This will defiantly give me lots to think about.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards