Wedding Reception Forum
Options

large cake reception folllowed by small reception on the same day

My fiance and I have  A LOT of friends and family.  Our ceremony location can hold all of our friends and family, but the nice reception place can only hold a small amount. we also do not have the budget to invite everyone to a nice dinner.  We were thinking about inviting everyone to a quick cake reception then going to our smaller reception location with our really close family and friends.  Is this rude? Any advice?

Re: large cake reception folllowed by small reception on the same day

• Options
    Yeah...  I think this is kind of rude. 

Can you host a nicer rehearsal dinner the night before? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, this is rude.  It's known as a tiered reception and it's rude to only feed a small portion of your guests.  

Advice: only invite as many people as you can afford to both the ceremony and reception.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't think it's a problem to take your immediate families out to dinner at a nice restaurant once the large reception is over.

I *DO* think it's rude to host a nicer party in the reception hall; to invite more than your immediate families to the nicer reception; to do any kind of special dances, cake cutting, etc. at the nicer party; and/or to rush the cake reception so you can get on with the nicer dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards