Wedding Reception Forum
Options

how much dancing time?

We are throwing our reception at a rental house and have it all night and the following day. So far I have two hours' worth of dancing set up. Considering we don't have a set end time for the reception, how many hours do you think people will dance? I want to plan for 3 to be safe, but then again, I know I have friends who could dance all night. Thanks Laughing
We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl, year after year

Re: how much dancing time?

• Options
    2 hrs of dancing is really short unless your guests are not the dancing type at all. The last wedding I attended had  4 hrs just for dancing (not counting the 2 hrs prior for dinner). Those who were dancing wished it lasted longer. Those who didn't dance were free to leave earlier.
  • Options
    how many guests will you have? the more guests...the more dancing usually. I think,
  • Options
    i would definitely say at least 3 if not 4 or more hours.  I mean, why not?  If you know you'll have people who love to dance, it could go on until the wee hours!
  • Options
    I also think 2 hours of dancing is really short. The best weddings I've been to had great food, drinks, and lots of dancing! I would say 3 or 4 hours would be a great time window for dancing. HTH!
  • Options
    Thanks, you all confirmed what I kind of felt, that i needed to at least double it. It's a small wedding, only 40 guests, but the majority of them are really into dancing so I want to make sure I don't kill the party by running out of music (using my Ipod for the music.)
    We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl, year after year
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards