Wedding Reception Forum

Fun/unique ideas?

I'm in the early stages of the planning process and am looking for any advice. More than anything I want my guest to have fun and have a memorable time. What are some ideas you have seen or heard about that made the reception fun and exciting?

Re: Fun/unique ideas?

• Good food and drink! Don't worry about too many activities! It's the feeling that is brought away! If everyone's having a good time, chatting, drinking, eating, dancing, it will be a success!

Don't try to stress yourself out with over-planning.

And assign tables, please! If you must put a lot of thought into something, table assignments IMO is where your energy should go, to make sure your guests are comfortable!

GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • have one 'extra thing'. maybe you do a late night snack or a photo booth or a candy bar. no need to go overboard. just pick one. 

also order of importance is 
    food/drink/entertainment
    everything else
  • I agree with PPs.  Good food, good drinks, good music and good company (not necessarily in that order) are all that are needed and what will be remembered, for better or worse.  If you want to add something like a photobooth or candy bar that's great (things that don't require your guests to participate) and are a nice touch.

Your guests are adults and can entertain themselves with the above ingredients.  They don't need anything else (like games. choreographed dances or karaoke) to have a good time.
  • Ditto PPs on importance of food and drinks.  If the food and drinks are crappy then I am not going to leave impressed no matter what little "extras" get thrown in.  That being said, once you've got that covered, it never hurts to add a little somethin'-somethin' if you want to budget for it. 

I've always enjoyed weddings with a photo booth. Makes a great favor. 

You could do cake pulls (Southern tradition) where your very closest female friends and relatives pull a charm out of the cake on a ribbon and each charm means something else (ring is next to get married, stork is next to have a baby, clover is good luck, etc. It's usually done right after the cake cutting.

• I second the photo booth.

Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Ditto PPs. Good food and drink are they key to pleasing guests. Also, a good DJ/band can make a reception fun as well. Think of what you would like at a wedding and go from there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The keys are having good food, drink, and good music for dancing. 

We had a photobooth, late night snack, gourmet coffee station, and the GMs brought in glow bracelets and necklaces which everyone loved on the dance floor. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards