Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Meal or finger foods?

I am having a terrible time deciding to serve a meal or just do finger foods the wedding is outside in may and we are on a tight budget. We are expecting /150 guests and we do plan on timing the wedding according to our reception decision dinner or lunch time I we choose a meal or an in between time for finger foods I really just feel obligated to serve a meal : help!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Meal or finger foods?

• Options
    Thank you! If you dont mind me asking what are some of the things y'all served? I don't want to have too wide of a range of foods but I don't want everything to seem the same.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    this question needs to be posed to your venue. sometimes HDs are just as much as a meal. see what the costs are for non-meal time HDs (2-4pm) or a full meal for meal time or HDs for meal time.

• Options
    The venue is on my FIs family farm so we thought HDs would be more appropriate for the style of the wedding anyways. It's very simple using mason jars and wild flowers for decor and all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you go with just hors d'oeuvres or finger foods, I'd try picking heartier options to help tide people over until the reception is over.   Heavy things like mini-meatballs, chicken fingers/skewers, spinach and artichoke dip, etc. will carry your guests further than "light" things like salmon endive, salsa, etc.
  • Options
    Personally, I would prefer the finger foods.  It's more like a cocktail hour and, to me, the cocktail hour is the best part.  How about more of a cocktail reception where you serve heartier apps that would constitute a meal? 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the great ideas and tips!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards