Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Help with Chair Ideas!

I'm having my reception in a ballroom in downtown Richmond, VA. The room is absolutely beautiful (high ceilings, chandeliers, hardwood floors) and will not need too many decorations, but I am looking for some ideas for how to dress-up the traditional red banquet chairs. I am trying to find something other than chair covers. Because they are red, I am worried that sashes or ribbons will clash with the chair color. I see a lot of chiavari chairs through party rental places, but I really can't justify spending $8/$10 per chair.

Wedding colors are coral, off-white and sand and the wedding is June 29th.

Thank you so much for your ideas!

Re: Help with Chair Ideas!

• Options
    In all the weddings I've been to, I cannot for the life of me remember what the chairs were like for ANY of them. People will be sitting in the chairs so they won't even notice if they clash with the centerpieces. I refuse to spend extra money to upgrade chairs. It's a ton of money and all you get out of it is that you like your photos of the empty reception hall a little better. But to each their own
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What the other posters have said.

I have been to quite a few weddings and I can not for the life of me remember what the chairs have looked like.  Many times the men guests wear suits and when they go to sit down they take their jackets off and put them on the back of the chair, thus destroying or covering up anything that you may have put on the chair.  Also remember that when your reception starts the lighting will be dimmer then normal so the colors that are used in the ballroom (carpet, chairs, walls, etc) will not be noticeable.

The only time I have ever cared about chairs was when there weren't enough chairs to go around.

• Options
    Rather than trying to dress up chairs that you don't like, just rent different chairs.  White padded folding chairs can be rented for a couple of dollars each.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards