Wedding Reception Forum

Will these centerpieces go well together?

We will have a total of 15 tables and I would like to do three different centerpieces.  I was thinking of doing the three below, but I am not sure if they will go well toghether.  I already have vases for one and two, but need to buy the ones for three.  Let me know what y'all think...

One - these will have two shades of purple hydrangea, instead of the green and white.  The orchids in the vase will also purple instead of green.  The rest will be the same flowers and colors.

Two - These will be the exact same

Three - the orchids will be the same ones used in centerpiece one.
dscf4745-2
Anniversary

Re: Will these centerpieces go well together?

• I definitely want to use 1 and 2, but I wanted to add a third one to save a little money.  Our reception room is pretty big with tall ceilings and the lighting will be set pretty low with blue and purple uplighting.  Also, the other centerpieces will have candles around them much like the 3rd centerpiece.  As for the height, the 1st one is pretty tall.  The vase itself is 26" or so.  The second one will only be about 6" tall and the third will not be so tall that it's blocking people's views.

I already have other arrangments for the other misc tables so what I need to figure out is if the third one doesn't look right with the other two, then what else could I do?  The cost of the 1st is going to be around $100 each, the 2nd will be around $85 each, so I really need to get something that won't be more than $20 or so.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I prefer the bottom two (I know you already have vases for the first) but I find that tall arrangements are sometimes hard to see around.  I am also a simpler the better type of gal. 

But since you already have vases for the first two then I would just stick with that and not do the last option...now if you had 40 tables or more then I would say do all three but I think it would look a little weird and scattered if you only had 5 tall centerpieces and then 10 low centerpieces.

• I also do not like all three together.  There are complementary elements in 1 and 2.  There are complementary elements in 2 and 3.  I just don't think that 1 and 3 go together. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_will-centerpieces-well-together?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:0e5f74a7-ccb0-4f13-9100-e4acfd01cf94Post:dc4a7ebe-9475-4888-91f2-4a9a66c02c42">Re: Will these centerpieces go well together?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also do not like all three together.  There are complementary elements in 1 and 2.  There are complementary elements in 2 and 3.  I just don't think that 1 and 3 go together. 
    Posted by Magdala9[/QUOTE]

<div>Totally agree with this. If you want to use all three, perhaps you could use two for the centerpieces, and one for on a guest book table, cake table...something like that.</div>
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

If you are trying to save money then cut out the first arranagement all together.  I know that you want some height because of the ceiling height but I just think 3 different centerpieces for only 15 tables is a little much and can look a bit busy.  Why not use the idea of picture 3 but use the vases you got for picture 1.  This way you aren't spending an arm and a leg on flowers but you still get the height because of the vase.  Pics 2 and 3 go well together and with pic 2 you still get a good amount of flowers but with pic 3 you will save a lot since it is mainly candles.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards