Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Dinner Time

Do you think that 8:30 pm is too late to schedule our sit down dinner? I feel like it is fine, because sometimes when you go out to eat at a nice restaurant, the place doesn't even get busy until then. But my FI is concerned that might be too late and it is making me think twice.

Right now, we have our church booked for 5:30, which is already earlier than it is supposed to be. (The chuch has mass at 4 and they don't usually have weddings until 6, but they are making an exception) Our wedding will not be a full mass, so the ceremony will probably be about 30 min long. With pictures and cocktail hour, 8:30 is really the earliest I'm thinking is possible. The only other option we have is making the wedding much earlier and having our ceremony at 2pm.

I'm so confused because orginally I thought it worked out perfect but now am thinking again and I think a 2pm ceremony is too early considering our reception is going to be a fairly formal affair. What do you all think? I'm sorry this turned into a much longer post than excepted. Thanks for any input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards