Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Rehearsal dinner??

We are having our RD at a local restaurant with a private room. The menu sounds fabulous and includes 2 desserts.  My question is--do I need to provide anything else?  Is it customary to give a favor?  Personalized napkins, etc.?  Centerpieces?  I have seen some people give favors at the RD.  Does anyone have any ideas?  TIA.

Re: Rehearsal dinner??

• Options
    Most people give bridal party/parent gifts at the rehearsal dinner, but I've never seen favors. It would be a nice gesture but not necessary at all.Some people go all out for their rehearsal dinner and have elaborate centerpieces/linens etc but most of the rehearsal dinners I have been to are pretty casual. Our rehearsal dinner package includes candle centerpieces and ivory linens so we're just sticking with that!
  • Options
    You don't have to do those things.  Remember this isn't the reception.  Usually you would give your parents and wedding party thank you gifts at the RD and that's pretty much it.  You don't need to decorate, although you can if you want to or if you want to add something in your wedding colors.You could create a menu if the restaurant doesn't already do that for you.  You could put one at each place setting. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Food, drinks and dessert is plenty.
  • Options
    Favors are never ever ever needed not for weddings not for rd not for anything. Centerpeices are the same  and personalized napkins are always a detail that is a waste of money that is only to make those throwing the party happy. So you can do all of those things if you want but none are needs. good food good drink good people sounds like a great party to me
  • Options
    I wouldn't give a second thought to centerpieces, favors, personalized anything for RD.  It would be $$ unnecessarily spent.  Save all that kind of "stuff" for the wedding the next day.I have always viewed the RD as a chance to loosen up and relax after the rehearsal and before the big and busy wedding day.Just serve your fabulous dinner and (yum) 2 desserts and a couple of drinks, and IMO, you're good to go.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Ahhh, thanks everyone.  I feel better.  Most of the girls on my local board agreed.  I just want to enjoy myself and relax (if that's possible!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards