Wedding Reception Forum
Options

tower vase height

So I'm doing my centerpieces myself and have my heart set on the tower vases.  I'm noticing they come in three different heights 24", 28" and 32".  I am clueless as to what height i should be using.  My biggest fear is that guests are going to have face full of peonies while at the table.  Does anyone know what the typical height is? Thanks girls!

Re: tower vase height

• Options
    For tall centerpieces, my florist recommends at least 24". However, she also says to be careful with tower vases that are too much taller than that because with a heavy arrangement on top it can easily become unsteady. We ended up going with a 24"" pilsner. To test the height, I sat at my kitchen table and held up a tape measure for 24", our chair/table height is pretty similar to most banquet setups.
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'm trying to do this on my own and i'm so worried about making a mistake.  I dont think i will have too many flowers in the vase because i think they only have a 1.5" opening.  The only bad thing about using peonies is they arent in season very long so i nothing to practice with. 
  • Options
    I would think carnations would be good to practice with... Very cheap to buy and have that same "fluffy" look...You will need less peonies though because they are fuller. 
  • Options
    I'm using 24 inch eiffel tower vases for my tall CP's. It seems a bit unsteady, but I've bumped the table to see if it would fall and it has yet to. I don't think I would go any taller than that with such a thin vase. 24 inches is perfect for not blocking the view of your guests. I have a mock-up pic in my weebly link in signature. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards