Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What should I wear at the reception?

Our wedding took place in Vegas back in may 2012 and we are having a reception for family and close friends only in Florida on December 22/2012.. I'm not sure of what to wear. Should I go with an evening gown or a wedding dress? For the Vegas ceremony I wore a BCBG ivory cocktail dress... Please help!

Re: What should I wear at the reception?

• Options
    I think you could probably rewear your wedding dress if it's short and less casual than a long, formal wedding dress.
    If you want to buy something new, I would want to wear a knee length white dress.
    Maybe something like THIS, THIS, or THIS.

Obviously, a lot depends on the formality of the event.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-should-i-wear-at-the-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1035b1d9-2d83-4c09-a905-69da5ba4e172Post:b649a25b-77f7-4d5e-b83f-e0be8af9c02b">What should I wear at the reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding took place in Vegas back in may 2012 and we are having a reception for family and close friends only in Florida on December 22/2012.. I'm not sure of what to wear. Should I go with an evening gown or a wedding dress? For the Vegas ceremony I wore a BCBG ivory cocktail dress... Please help!
    Posted by regirineheart[/QUOTE]

Like cwag said, it really depends on the formality of your celebration. 

Personally for my ahr, I will be wearing a short white dress.  Wearing my wedding dress to the party was not even a thought that had crossed my mind.  I mean, the wedding dress is for your wedding day, not a party 6 months later, KWIM?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thanks. It's true, it's an informal celebration just because nobody attended to our Vegas wedding and we would like to share this moment with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards