Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Cocktail Reception On invites???

We are having a cocktail reception.. Our ceremony starts at 6 and will be over around 7... the reception hall is only a few blocks away... but we are starting the reception at 7:30....I didn't feel that sitting down at 8:30 was right.. However the menu is chef sliced prime rib on french bread, pork loin on garlic cibbiatta, grilled chicken on crisonti, fried green beans, Mashed and sweet potatoes put in martini glasses with a variety of toppings i.e. bacon, brown sugar. As well as Cajun chicken puffs, some spinach wrap, and a large fruit and cheese table.... plus of course cookies, cake etc With all that food its like a dinner with a twist... should i specify it is a cocktail reception in fear that no one will be all that hungry???

Re: Cocktail Reception On invites???

• Options
    If it's enough to constitute a meal, you don't have to specify cocktail reception on the invitation. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With that much food I don't think you need to include cocktail reception because it really isn't one.Usually I use the words cocktail reception as an indicator that I need to eat before I go to the wedding.  This the not the case for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards