Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Dear Guests

When I put disposable cameras on the tables, my intention was for you to be helpful in capturing some photos of the reception, other guests, the venue, etc that my photographer wouldn't necessarily get.  I was confident you could handle this simple task.However, letting your 5 year old burn up two of them taking pictures of his shoe, the back of your head, the back of your chair, everyone's butt, etc was not helpful.  Taking half of the roll before you realized there is a flash function on the camera was not helpful either.Thanks for wasting $100 of my money on cameras and developing that produced essentially useless photos.
imageFollow Me on Pinterest

Re: Dear Guests

• Options
    Yep, that's why those are a waste.  These days most people have their own digital cameras anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In hindsight, I should have been very specific with friends about taking LOTS of photos for me and burning a CD right after the wedding.  I assumed people would do this, but not many did.  Fail.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This is why we didn't do them.  Everyone has digital cameras and they were all happy to share.
  • Options
    This is why you should have come here to ask about this idea. Many, many of us would have told you it's a bad idea to put disposables on the table, for exactly the reasons you stated. Lesson learned the hard way.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    This is why we made a shutterfly and asked people to share their digital photos. I got a ton.
  • Options
    SAME thing happened to FSIL.  We took all her disposables and got them developed while she was on her honeymoon.  Ugh!  Total messes and definitely two of the kids there were burning up a bunch.  I'm doing the Shutterfly share site.
    Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    Depends on your crowd. I had them 10 years ago at my first wedding and was thrilled I did. People got some great shots that the photographer didn't (photographers can't be everywhere!). I probably wouldn't do it now since so many people have digital cameras anyway, but I was very happy with the results then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards