Wedding Reception Forum

Dance Order?

What is the order of the dances?  Is it Bride and Groom, then Bride/Father, Groom/Mother and then wedding party?I did not know if parent dance should be before or after wedding party?

Re: Dance Order?

• You can do it any way you like. We did bride/groom first, then groom/mother, followed by bride/father. Our DOC said that you normally do bride & father before groom & mother, but that we should do it the other way b/c our guest list was so heavy bride's side. I've never seen a wedding party dance. They are pretty outdated.
  • Skip the WP dance altogether. Your WP will thank you, and your guests will thank you for not having to stand around watching a boring spotlight dance that means nothing. Bride/groom. Of course. bride/FOB, of course. groom/MOG, or course. WP....why?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Great to hear that the WP dance is major downer at the wedding.  I think my attendees were not looking forward to the dance anyway.  Plus that is one less song to have to figure out. Thanks for helping me make my decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards