Wedding Reception Forum

Caterer woes....

We're getting married late August 2010, but I don't live in the state that we're getting married in. So, I'm doing a lot of my planning early (over the phone and through e-mails). Well, I had been talking to a few different caterers about the menu we wanted and thought we settled on a good one.

The one we chose my family had used before and was the nicest to me on the phone......at first.

When we finally chose to go with them, the girl I spoke with was nothing but rude to me and made me feel like she did not want to deal with me. She told me I had to put a $500 deposit down to hold my spot and to keep the prices they sent me because they were going to be going up. I had no problem with that, so I did. She said she would send me a receipt and everything I needed and also details saying my date is saved in their books.

WELL, it's almost 2 weeks since and I have received nothing. My Mom called them (cuz I didn't want to) and they were rude to her. I'm so upset, and don't know what to do. All I want is a receipt and to know that they have my date set in their books. Is that so much to ask for? They already took the $500 out of my bank account. Can I get that back if they keep acting like this?

(sorry to keep going on like this, I'm just so upset about the situation)
Please HELP!

Re: Caterer woes....

• LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    You may not get the $500 back unfortunately. But honestly I would cut your losses and run asap. You shouldn't use a business that has a single person acting rude to you, much less two or more. There are so many other catering businesses out there that actually want your business and will not treat you like that at all. Post on your local board to find out who is reputable and who isn't. Also, look into your favorite restaurants since they usually offer catering and are much cheaper than a regular wedding caterer while offering the exact same things.Take a look at the vendor reviews section at http://projectwedding.com as well.
  • Call again... if they are rude one more time, cut your losses and find another caterer.  Also check their ratings on http://www.weddingwire.com and Yelp.  This may be a blessing in disguise.
    weddingcollage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards