Wedding Reception Forum

Show me your Non-Floral Centerpieces!!

I have no desire to pay for flowers, as they don't really do much for me and I LOVE seeing different things.  I want to do something with paper lanterns, but haven't found any pics online that wow me.  I need some inspiration for non-floral, fun, centerpieces.  Rocks and branches are out....they don't fit my decor.  My colors at black, turquoise and pops of coral.  Thanks!

Re: Show me your Non-Floral Centerpieces!!

• I'm doing different sized taper candles in the middle of the table.  Here is my inspiration:

• I love candles......but we cant have any open flames either!!
  • We did buckets of wine and fresh fruit. Not a flower in sight. :)

Wilson (52).jpg
  • http://www.surroundings.com/cgi-bin/order.cgi?cart_id=&page=breakawaykits.html

this is my inspiration we're only doing 8 votives and since we can't have flames at all we will be filling them with black and red crystals.. then have the table title in the middle on a clip.  we may be doing something like this at some of the tables too, since it goes with our movie theme reception

November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are doing center pieece cakes. each table has a mini cake in the middle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_show-non-floral-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1631028e-9e5c-494e-a149-f5f80d80416fPost:5c738732-e59b-4623-89ce-7faf7b9f7bb2">Re: Show me your Non-Floral Centerpieces!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your Non-Floral Centerpieces!! : Oh absolutely, but unfortunately the standard is still flowers. This is what peope look for and what they talk about. I am all for alternative things (in fact I think they are often MORE personal than flowers) but it is something to consider.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    I too am allergic to flowers, so I won't be doing them.  I have to disagree about people looking for them.  I look for booze and good food lol.  I couldn't care less that flowers are on the table.  I actually think that nom floral centerpieces look cooler.  If we had a bigger budget, I'd want to do really cool vintage looking candelabras or large feather centerpieces.  Unfortunately, we can't afford either of those.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards