Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Which toasting flutes??

I am debating on which style of toasting flutes I shoud get.

http://www.exclusivelyweddings.com/Weddings/Toasting-Flutes-and-Serving-Set/Toasting-Flutes/Hand-blown-Glass-Flutes-and-Vase

http://www.exclusivelyweddings.com/Weddings/Toasting-Flutes-and-Serving-Set/Toasting-Flutes/Capella-Toasting-Flutes

For the first one, I like the idea of having them both in one vase. I think it looks romantic and unique. For the second one, storage would be easier after the wedding and we may be more likely to use them since they can stand on their own. Opinions?? Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Which toasting flutes??

• Options
    I would get the ones you could use again.  Toasting flutes are one of those one time use budget busters that you don't really even need if your venue has flutes available.  So if you do decide to buy your own, I would get ones you can use for special occasions or your anniversaries.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ditto dani's wise advice.  This is one of those things that wedding magazines make you feel like you should buy.  But you can save yourself money and just use the ones at the venue, and the champagne will taste exactly the same as if you drink them from glasses that are monogrammed.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I just used the champagne flutes that the restaurant gave us to use. lol
  • Options
    Thanks for the input!! I'm not having any showers, unfortuntely, so I probably wont be receiving any as gifts. I just thought the engraved glasses would be nice to use in our trash the dress photo shoot. Thanks again!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Out of the two I like the second pair. Our toasting flutes matched the other china and glass ware we registered for and were not engraved. We thought if they matched the rest of our set we'd be more likely to use them again for family dinners & parties.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_toasting-flutes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1a7b48c3-5475-4aed-a660-57914b730e16Post:8101a882-5c87-4056-a324-0c59c6ef0741">Re: Which toasting flutes??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the input!! I'm not having any showers, unfortuntely, so I probably wont be receiving any as gifts. I just thought the engraved glasses would be nice to use in our trash the dress photo shoot. Thanks again!
    Posted by swissarmymelody[/QUOTE]

I'd venture to say that you won't be able to read the engraving on toasting flutes in the pictures from your TTD.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    This is the picture that inspired me! There were others of the couple drinking champagne by the shore and I was really drawn to the idea!

I thought this was beautiful as well :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    I vote the second ones
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards