Wedding Reception Forum

2011 trends

Here's a fun discussion!

I've loved the 2010 trends - photo booths, candy buffets, brightly colored shoes, birdcage veils, etc.

What do you think is going to be big in 2011? It might be stuff that's just starting to percolate now or trends you think will last through the end of 2011.

What do you think?

Re: 2011 trends

• I don't know but all of the things you mentioned were popular long before 2010, so I would imagine they will continue well into 2011.
    imageimageimage
  • Yeah, I've been posting here since 2008 and all of those things have been popular since at least then, with the exception maybe of the photobooth.  I think that is more 2009 and 2010. 

Here's an article about trends:

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-reception-planning/articles/wedding-flowers-decor-trends-2010.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i've been posting since 2004 so none of the things you mention are 2010 trends :)

• edited August 2010
    Cupcake cakes are a lot more popular now too oh and the digital photo share cards at each table rather then the disposable cameras
  • I got the new Knot fall magazine and noticed that many of the dresses had just one-shoulder strap.  It was so prevalent that it must be a trend.

Peacock feathers are supposedly going to be big for 2011.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_2011-trends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1c3448dc-b507-4f9f-90c8-5d43e734eda2Post:c446c7dc-70af-4eea-8001-44213306fa3d">Re: 2011 trends</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got the new Knot fall magazine and noticed that many of the dresses had just one-shoulder strap.  It was so prevalent that it must be a trend. Peacock feathers are supposedly going to be big for 2011.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    Interesting...these are both trends I'm considering :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cupcakes have been around for a few years at least, but the one shoulder dresses is a good one.
    imageimageimage
  • Love the peacock feathers! The brown ones are beautiful too. I will definitely be incorporating them into my boutineers/bouquets!

Another trend is adding embellishments and crystals to the Bridal bouquet , shoes and accessories.
  • pockets in dresses i love, i know dyed crinolines have been cool for awhile but it seems they are taking off, video invites/STDs, dresses not being the same for bridesmaids seem to becoming more popular
    but i'm new so what do i know lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards