Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Father-Daughter dance dilemma

So this just popped into my head: I have two dads. How am I going to pick which one I dance with first?

See its easy for who walks me down the aisle because I have two arms so they both can, but how do you dance with two people at the same time?!

Dilemma!! Help!!

"A daughter is a daughter all of her life, a son is a son until he takes a wife."

Re: Father-Daughter dance dilemma

• Options
    I would definitely talk to them about it. It really may not be a big deal to either, or one may have a preference. Just have an adult conversation about the dilemma and it should be fine.
  • Options
    How about half the song with one dad.. half the song with the other?
  • Options

Flip a coin?  Laughing

I think the circumstances of you having 2 dads could play a factor.  Is it Bio and Step?  Bio and Foster/adoptive?  They are a couple?  Etc.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i am in the same situation, i'm not having any official "spotlight dances" with either, they have both picked songs that they want to dance with me to, so throughout the night the songs will be played, we will dance and then there is no pressure, sure many people will likely give us more room, take notice but we don't need a show
  • Options
    It is my biological dad and step dad. I was just entertaining the idea of not even having a dance at all that way noone gets offended. But I definitely think that I should talk to them and see what they think.
    "A daughter is a daughter all of her life, a son is a son until he takes a wife."
  • Options
    I am in the same situation. Both my fathers want to walk me down the isle. It really stresses me out. My stepdad is going to walk me down part of the isle to my biological dad with will walk me to my future hubby. I probably wont have a father daughter dance. Just the isle thing is stressful. I dont want  hurt feelings but I also want to enjoy my day without worrying about other people.
  • Options
    Well thats why my step dad suggested many years ago that I have both my dads walk me down the aisle that way no ones feelings get hurt. But I am just going to opt out of having a dance at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards