Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Hanson's "Thinking 'Bout Something" performed by entire Bridal Party

My best friend is a huge Hanson fan so we performed the new dance at the wedding and it was so much fun! This could be a new dance tradition at weddings! Check out the video!

Re: Hanson's "Thinking 'Bout Something" performed by entire Bridal Party

• Options
    cyuhas05cyuhas05 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    My best friend is a huge Hanson fan so we performed the new dance at the wedding and it was so much fun! This could be a new dance tradition at weddings! Check out the video!
  • Options
    this is not fun. no one wants to see this. it was cute 3 years ago, now it's played out. and who even likes hanson?????
  • Options
    i love hanson. still asn avid fan!! Hanson is still around!!
  • Options
    IMO group dances like this are way overdone. And Hanson? Yeah...no.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    How embarrasing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I actually really enjoy Hanson, always have. There is no way in hell I would do anything remotely like this in public.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_hansons-thinking-bout-something-performed-entire-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1fa82461-3707-4c0a-ad98-9c397822dcb5Post:3e1cd598-c285-4e33-910d-d790d3218548">Re: Hanson's "Thinking 'Bout Something" performed by entire Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually really enjoy Hanson, always have. There is no way in hell I would do anything remotely like this in public.
    Posted by nannabug42[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto!! The thing I loved the most -- the bridesmaid dresses! Those are gorgeous! It made me start obsessing over my MOH's dress again. Sigh. </div>
  • Options
    I love Hanson!  And I have loved them since I was 14 and "Mmmbop" came out.  Trust me...they are very much still around on the Indie scene.  And they're very well-respected in the music community.  Most people just don't know that, though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I hope OP is not the girl in the purple who is out of step with everyone else. Poor thing.

PS - I love Hanson. But I'm not a fan of group dances of any kind.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_hansons-thinking-bout-something-performed-entire-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1fa82461-3707-4c0a-ad98-9c397822dcb5Post:1cadc1db-3f1d-45c4-bcef-c3899fb84363">Re: Hanson's "Thinking 'Bout Something" performed by entire Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanson's "Thinking 'Bout Something" performed by entire Bridal Party : Ditto!! The thing I loved the most -- the bridesmaid dresses! Those are gorgeous! It made me start obsessing over my MOH's dress again. Sigh. 
    Posted by snarky_girl[/QUOTE]

Noooooooo Snarky, no more obsessing about the stupid dress! She will find one or she will go naked :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have never seen these dances live before (only 1 or 2 on youtube).. so it isn't overdone for me.  This video also convinced me that Hanson had enough talent to pull off something better than MmmBop (I hated that song lol)

I am glad your friends had fun!
  • Options
    Wow.  There's nothing quite like watching people with no rhythm or skill try to move in unison.  So sad.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    lol I cannot believe the comments from some people. Party Poopers!
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    Like Hanson, hate BP dances.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    As a Hanson fan, I never miss them when they come to town.

I for one would not play them at my wedding and thought that the dance was not that enthusiastic.

At my cousin's wedding her husband and his sister's did a dance that they did as a family it was fun because everyone was in a circle around them. That is the only time I've been to a wedding where people danced in a planned way, but it wasn't choreographed.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Hey now people! It's their wedding and they had fun! And their friends seem to be enjoying it too and don't look embarassed. Let it go. Nobody is forcing you to do it.

And I bet those who are dissing Hanson probably did the same thing in 1997, even though they secretly liked them. Peer pressure is an ugly thing. Like what you like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards