Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Centerpiece Assistance...

I am having an indoor wedding (due to fear of rain), but my theme is rustic. I will be having 25+ tables and I need centerpiece ideas. I just can't come up with anything that is both cost effective and fits the part. My colors are red and orange, with ivory/brown accents. I am so lost and I need to get started soon! AH! Please help.

Re: Centerpiece Assistance...

• Options
    You can look at my bio if ya want, maybe get a few ideas.  Also, google wedding centerpieces...also, think of something creative that represent you and your FI.  Then go from there.  Just start looking all over online, you'll be surprised what you find.  save-on-crafts.com is a good website too.
  • Options
    I've seen this centerpiece several times and I love it! It's very rustic and could be very cost effective.

Depending on the tone of red you are using you could replace the ribbon on the one candle with red or just add red or orange flowers for a little bit of color.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    When are you getting married? If it's in fall you could use squashes and indian corn and pumpkins. That would be really pretty for a fall wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lanterns? You can find them pretty cheap on Ebay. My sister used copper lanterns with tea lights in them. Clean the glass before using them though because they come from a warehouse. Then she placed a wreath of leaf garland around them.

What time of year are you having your wedding. That detail also helps you decide on what to put around the lanterns.
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    My wedding is august 28th.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_centerpiece-assistance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:22b1b086-4f5d-4e1f-aae4-15d6a4087e53Post:3a8b8a60-fa81-48cc-b834-eff8bf503162">Re: Centerpiece Assistance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've seen this centerpiece several times and I love it! It's very rustic and could be very cost effective. Depending on the tone of red you are using you could replace the ribbon on the one candle with red or just add red or orange flowers for a little bit of color.
    Posted by brianabrad[/QUOTE]

I'm actually using this hemp/twine-type stuff that is wrapped around the bigger candle in this centerpiece. I found it at Michaels and they have it in red, brown, green and natural color. One roll was $4 dollars and it will cover about 10 vases, depending no how much you use on each.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys.
  • Options
    I was going to say the mason jars as well. They don't all have to be the same either, Thrift stores usually have them kicking around for cheap too. You could tie some leather or something like it around the jar with a plant or flowers. A friend of mine did a country wedding. She did the jars with red checkered ribbon with a plant. It was very cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards