Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Games

We are having our reception outdoors rain or shine. We have two large tents that will have seating and a dancefloor. When ever my family has a reunion there are fun outdoor games like cornhole, horseshoes, etc. Is it tacky to have an area outside the tent where people can play games and our families can get to know eachother, instead of being restricted to their tables?

Re: Reception Games

• Options
    Personally, I think it is a good idea, if your family does that sort of thing on a regular basis. It also depends, however, on the formality of the event. But if you think it works with everything else, go for it. Also, it will be a good way to distract any children that might be attending.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-games-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:288b5be2-a023-4b05-9009-dc0e1030a466Post:e34fca26-db1b-4923-a1b8-3a93b79b7b98">Re: Reception Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's fine, as long as it's not a forced thing (like, tables have to play horseshoes to get released for their dinner). 
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Also as long as there aren't rules, like table 7 can now play horseshoes and table 10 can play bags.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with pp. Let them play if and when they want. Don't designate times or whatever. I think we're going to have corn hole & crouqet!
  • Options
    I really wanted to do something like this if I got married at home! I think it's a great idea! I've decided on a destination wedding, so I can't do it anymore, but I really hope that you do! Think of how cute the photos will be of you and your Fi playing lawn games in your wedding attire!
  • Options
    We're getting married at FBIL's farm, so we planned on croquet, bocce, etc.  It will help give the guests something to do while we finish pics.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards