Wedding Reception Forum

Fall Wedding 2011 - Reception in Fall Colors..what color for Bridesmaid Dresses?

Hello!! I am getting married in October 2011. I love fall, hence the date. I want tthe reception to be in all the fall colors. and as of now plan on using chocolate brown underlay for the tables and burnt orange crinkle overlay ontop with alternating orange and brown napkins. But for some reason, I have my heart set on Navy Blue Dresses for my maids. Ughh..HELP! I cant decide, I dont want it to be a big color mess.

Re: Fall Wedding 2011 - Reception in Fall Colors..what color for Bridesmaid Dresses?

• I'm in the same boat as you.  I haven't decided on the tables yet but I'm doing navy blue dresses for my BM because the dresses will really pop with the flowers.  I'm leaning towards going more simple on table linens and using the Burnt Orange/Brown/Deep Red colors in the centerpieces.

Keep in mind that most pictures will be with the BM and not the table linens so go with what you want in the pictures.
  • I don't know how the navy would look, but maybe a deep purple would work. It's kinda close to navy and might work better with the brown and orange. I love fall and fall colors, too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_fall-wedding-2011-reception-fall-colorswhat-color-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:2bea9a4a-bf4b-4725-8261-cadd20ad8b1dPost:f339dbcd-41be-4f9e-883a-2ae66391b32d">Re: Fall Wedding 2011 - Reception in Fall Colors..what color for Bridesmaid Dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the same boat as you.  I haven't decided on the tables yet but I'm doing navy blue dresses for my BM because the dresses will really pop with the flowers.  I'm leaning towards going more simple on table linens and using the Burnt Orange/Brown/Deep Red colors in the centerpieces. <strong>Keep in mind that most pictures will be with the BM and not the table linens so go with what you want in the pictures.
    </strong>Posted by toltols[/QUOTE]
    This is how I feel.  You won't really have many pictures of the tables, so I'd pick your favourite colour scheme to include the girls.

If you wanted to do the brown/orange linens, can you something that coordinates more with the girls - dresses that are red? orange? brown? black?  You can also be thinking about what colour or type of flowers you want.  If you want leaves/pumpkins/pinecones you probably want to stick with the brown/orange/red palette, but if you want gerberas/hydrangeas/lilies maybe it's better to do more of a navy and taupe palette.
  • When I got married in Sept 2010, we had navy blue dresses with orange and bright yellow flowers.   You could do something similar.  If you want to add some rich brown, there are a number of brown seed pods that work well in a bouquet.    The orange flowers really popped against the navy dresses. 
  • I'm also getting married in the fall and had originally planned on blue dresses and orange flowers.  After seeing the bridesmaid dresses and how elegant they looked in black...plus I think they'll wear them again if they're in black...I've decided that black, ivory, and red roses is the way we're going to go now. 

I'm sure anything you pick will be beautiful but be open to different idea's...looking at pictures on this site helped me and of course my fam and friends had great idea's too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards