Wedding Reception Forum
Options

wedding reception time

i am having my wedding on a friday evening at 6pm and we are planning to have the reception start at 8pm. i know that the introductions and toasts need to be done before we eat but i planned to have dinner. should we just have appetizers since it is so late, or should i just plan to have the full dinner?

Re: wedding reception time

• Options
    What will your guests be doing between the ceremony and the 8 pm start time?  I'd have ceremony, receiving line from 6:00-6:45.  CH from 7:00-8:00, and then dinner at 8:00
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    i will be taking pictures and there will be mingling and things for the guests. not really sure what to put in between. . . . .
  • Options
    I hope the things for the guests include drinks and appetizers.  Because it really should.  You can't really make your guests stand around with nothing while you're off taking photos.  That is what the cocktail hour is for~so your guests have something to do during your picture time.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I agree with banana.  With a 6:00 start time, it is very likely that your guests will not have eaten dinner.  I would recommend appetizers and dinner (appetizers at 7, dinner at 8). 
  • Options
    I am having a 6:00 ceremony and then cocktail hour (its really more like and and hour and half) and then we are doing reception at 8, we are having a sit down dinner.  So I think that if you want to have a dinner that 8 is fine.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards