Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Are you being announced into reception?

Hey girls,

Are you being announced into your reception? We think we may. If you are, what song are you walking in to?

Happy planning!!!

Re: Are you being announced into reception?

• Options
    edited July 2010
    My MOH and BM are announcing us. I thought it would be an honor for them and also an opportunity for them to be recognized. 
  • Options
    We were, along with our parents and wedding party.

Parents came in to the theme from Austin Powers, bridal party to Welcome to the Jungle, and we came in to The Price is Right theme.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We entered to Tiesto's "You Are My Diamond." H is a big dance-music fan, and we were using all 30's/40's/50's music during the reception, so that was his way to incorporate a bit of his favorite genre.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    In theory, we were announced to "Losing Streak" by the Eels.  I have no idea if the music was playing, or if someone actually said something about our entrance.  I just know we walked back in and the people near the door clapped.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    We were as well.  We came into, "It Takes Two", by Rob Base.
  • Options
    I want to use "She Blinded me with Science", but FI thinks that's too dorky.  He registered for advanced organic before we were dating so he could have a class with me!
  • Options
    Our DJ asked us right before we were announced what we wanted.  We didn't care so we came in to "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas.
  • Options
    Our parents, ushers, WP, and H and I were all announced into the reception.  We all entered to Jump Around by House of Pain.  It's one of my all time favorite dance songs.

The DJ announced my mom as Marsha instead of Martha even though we went over the names right before he introduced everyone.  Oh well.
  • Options
    The DJ is announcing us into the reception and we will have Crazy in Love by Beyonce for the song
  • Options
    We are being announced by the UMich announcer (pre-recorded) and then coming in to the Michigan Fight Song (Victors). Yes, FI is a tiny bit of a Michigan fan.
  • Options
    We entered to "How Sweet It Is" by Michael Buble.
  • Options

Our parents, the bridal party, and us will all come into different oldies songs. The only one decided for sure is our song and that's going to be Singned, Sealed, Deliver I'm Yours.

• Options
    nfp147nfp147 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    No. I hate when people come into a recpetion throwing their arms in the air and bouncing around.  it's SO unclassy.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm IUI #1 (February 2013) = BFN Nestie Besties with Xan921
  • Options
    Parents, WP, FI and I are coming in to "Ballroom Blitz" by The Sweet.  It's got a great drum beat and will be great to walk in to.
    Anniversary
  • Options

I haven't decided yet.  Most of our WP is kids so I think it would be fun for them to be announced but not any of the parents.  If we do anything it will be just us and the WP.

Vicki & Ali - 3/5/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're being announced along with our wedding party to Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." I wanted to do "Sexy Back" but my FI vetoed it...
  • Options
    We announced parents of bride and groom, WP, and us. Everyone else was announced to a wordless version of "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. We came in to "I'm So Excited" by... (hmm, forgot the artist.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_being-announced-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:31b84d3d-d0fb-48ff-a5cd-5ae0bf641a4aPost:3935ff1c-038c-4d1f-a74e-870b22794def">Re: Are you being announced into reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were, along with our parents and wedding party. Parents came in to the theme from Austin Powers, bridal party to Welcome to the Jungle, and we came in to The Price is Right theme.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

The Price is Right is brilliant. I think I want to do the Family Feud theme now.
  • Options
    love the price is right theme!

I might steal it...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards