Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding Colors

Does everyone have colors picked for their wedding?  People keep asking me what my colors are.  I feel like its silly to pick a color theme when the things I choose will just be based on what I like and not on what color they are.  I know I don't HAVE to do anything but am I missing somthing?

Re: Wedding Colors

• Options
    I'm having a rainbow wedding so everything will fall into that color scheme. My dress will have red accents and my brides maids will each have their own color (orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple). Each table will also have a color. We will have to double up on colors. Each table will have color coordinated Girl Scout cookie boxes and the place cards will be tired on to old fashioned soda bottles with the correct color. I'm sure you get the idea.
  • Options
    kate:  I think most people use their color scheme to kind of tie things together.  It can also help to start narrowing down choices for a couple.

You don't HAVE to have a color scheme yet.  There is a knottie who had her color scheme all set, until her WP tried on dresses, and she found out that she liked another color better!

Does it all have to be an exact match?  Nope.  It probably won't.  But it makes it easier when you go to a florist to discuss bouquets, and he says "What colors would you like?"  Or you're talking to the reception venue manager, and they say "What color table linens are you thinking?"

It's all, like I said, a way to bring a certain level of cohesiveness to a wedding.

GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options

Of course you don't have to have a color scheme. A lot of times a scheme tends to fall into place once you've picked out your bridesmaids dresses I think. You end up getting flowers that go with their dresses and you just tend to incorporate colors. Or others love a certain color and make everything work around that color. You may not have anything in mind now but as you start going along you might change your mind; and if you don't then it's no big deal. Just have fun with it!

• Options
    Yeah, give it some time. You may find that the particular date/season or venue guides you. Maybe start taking a look at wed site templates and invitations just to get a sense of what colors tend to get paired together.

I picked deep red (have always loved it) and invited my Fi to pick a color. He chose sky blue and I'm trying to fit that into an autumn motif. For my wedsite, I had to really search for one that would let me customize the colors b/c most templates don't have that combo, especially with an autumn look to it. (I ended up going with Wedding Window). So if you choose color combos that are more frequently paired together, that will help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards