Wedding Reception Forum

Creative use of sparklers??

We are getting married in June and want to use sparklers at our outdoor reception. BUT, I don't want to use them for a send off -- since I'm pretty sure that either we have to leave before the party is over to have a decent crowd or there would only be a few guests left to send us off (like our parents).  

The dinner will be under a tent, and likely a little crowded, so I'm not sure it's a good idea to do anything in the tent. There is plenty of grass around the tent where we could have a special dance or something with the sparklers.  I want to wait until it gets dark, which would have to be during the last 1 - 1 1/2 hours of the reception.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Creative use of sparklers??

• If it is dark when you cut the cake- you can have your WP hold it and surround you two.  Also- it may work during your first dance (people surround the dance floor and hold sprinklers).

I also saw this cute photo from my photog's website and saved it.

• We're using our sparklers for our entrance.  Our ceremony is at 7p though. 
  • I agree with the first dance as man and wife have the bridal party and special people to you stand in a half circle behind you.  Your pictures would have all these people standing behind you with sparklers lit as you dance for the first time as man and wife.
  • i love that photo with the sparklers! 
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards