Wedding Reception Forum
Options

I need a color to go with Jade....HELP!!!!

My bridesmaids are wearing the one shouldered Alfred Angelo short chiffon jade dress. Our wedding is in August and our reception has a ballroom, but it's mostly tan. I am seriously struggling with making linen decisions... I can't really say we have another "color" other than jade...our flowers for our ceremony have been ordered but not for reception yet. Here's what I've got so far:

Jade chiffon bridesmaid dresses.
Garden roses and regular roses: white, off white, light pink, medium pink, blush bouquets overall...

We are able to do floral/candle centerpieces with any color uplighting. I was thinking of going with the jade damask look but can't find any good pics to go from... I just do NOT want tacky...everything I look at looks craptastic... if you have used jade in your wedding or are planning to, what did you do the table cloths and chair covers?

Thanks!
Michelle

Re: I need a color to go with Jade....HELP!!!!

• Options
    It sounds like your colors are jade, white, cream, and pink. That's lovely.  

I'd dress the men in black tuxes or suits (or dark charcoal suits) and call it a day. I'd do white linens.  

• Options
    One friend did a medium green with black and white damask.  Her centerpieces were gerberas with black centers, white calla lilies, eucalyptus, philodendren leaves, and a ruffled white flowers whose name I do not know.  She had black and white damask table cloths with these flowers in black vases.   The bridesmaids wore green dresses and carries white calla lily bouquests.  The bride carried anemones and calla lilies in her bouquet. 
  • Options
    dont go crazy about linens. you can easily do white or cream table cloths to match the other items and then use different accent colored napkins, chargers, tea light holders etc... the colors you mention are beautiful together. if you stick with them you'll be fine.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi I'm also having the bridesmaid in jade With grey suits and ivory corsage, But also considering the colours light gold and jade as my reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards