Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Colors: Red & Black or Turquoise & Black?

Hey all,

I'm def getting ahead of myself in planning for my wedding but I'm one of those people who likes to jump from detail to detail!

What color combo do you like better: red, white, and black or turquoise, white and black? I love the color turquoise and my fiance loves blue, but I also like red and black together and I think it'd be more classic (although maybe more common). I'm also thinking I might get tired of seeing turquoise and blue together before the wedding, but on the other hand I'm not a big fan of red roses... are there other flower options? I dunno!

Here are some pics for inspiration:
RED:

TURQUOISE:

Re: Colors: Red & Black or Turquoise & Black?

• Options
    You could combine them ... do a turquoise and cherry red palette, with black accents here and there.
  • Options
    There are plenty of different types of red flowers... the only way you're going to get THAT color blue flowers is by using silk... but there are so many options.

I've seen both combos and they are great... I'd lean towards the blue just because your FI likes it.    Also if you're really torn, think about your bridesmaids' coloring and what colors would look good on them.  
    murrayed
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_colors-red-black-turquoise-black?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:4394607c-8dee-4f82-be9e-af0dcbe122b1Post:22acfddb-2344-4cd2-afe7-d3b954967dc5">Re: Colors: Red & Black or Turquoise & Black?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could combine them ... do a turquoise and cherry red palette, with black accents here and there.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree. This.</div>
  • Options
    I like both.  We had black and red and used roses but there are tons of other flower choices besides roses if you want red flowers.

Ditto the other poster who said you could do red and aqua, which is really pretty together.

http://www.google.com/images?client=gmail&rls=gm&q=red%20and%20aqua%20wedding&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=583
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Red carnations, red tulips, red gerbera daisies, red Stargazer lilies, red Poinsettias and red peonies are options.

I personally like the red, white and black colors.
  • Options
    Either would look really nice, although I'm tending to favor the red and black. 

• Options
    I think both are good color combos and as pp have pointed out there are tons of other red flowers other than roses. But out of the two mood boards you posted I like the turquoise one better.
  • Options
    I like the turquoise, but that's mostly because I'm not really a fan of red. Plus I think the turquoise would be fresher.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Turq for sure!!! turq and a cobalt blue with black accents would be A-FREAKIN-MAZING!!! pull in both of your loves :) good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards