Wedding Reception Forum
Options

April Fool's Wedding

I am trying to come up with a great prank that my fiance and I can pull on our guests. Any suggestions?

Re: April Fool's Wedding

• Options
    I would highly suggest against this. While weddings can and should be fun and unique, I don't think practical jokes are really appropriate at this time. If you want to have a nod to the day at some point, perhaps work a light-hearted joke about it into a toast, have the DJ do so, etc. Just mention it lightly once and move on. Get your laughs and be done with it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options

I can't help but think - Whoopie cusions on the seats?

But that would be a bad, bad idea... just don't. Acknowledge the day in a toast if you want. If it truly is your personalities and everyone knows you as over the top jokesters you probably wouldn't need to ask for ideas on a message board.

• Options
    I like the idea of a fake cake (maybe it looks like a regular cake, but it's actually Rice Krispies or something?).  Or you could do the same thing with a cocktail, maybe something that looks green but tastes like strawberry or something.

I wouldn't go too overboard with it, though.  You don't want anything mean-spririted or upsetting.  It will leave a bad taste in people's mouths, and that will be all they remember about your wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I, too, am getting married on April Fool's day...but we're not planning a "prank" per say...just a pleasant surprise we are calling our April Fool's.

I agree with the other knotties in that you shouldn't go overboard, BUT I do believe you could still have fun with this day.  I would not make it the highlight of the day, by any means.

Think about why you choose this day ... how it's important to you and your fiance...and then see if a small joke/surprise would work well with it.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_april-fools-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:43c881e3-e413-44b5-a60c-1f0e747a2dd5Post:c487c34d-ee48-4eb2-99a3-3f1076977ad3">Re: April Fool's Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: April Fool's Wedding : See, these ideas are all really good ones.  But I wouldn't qualify any of them as a "prank".  A prank, in my mind, is a joke where someone else is the butt of it.  It usually embarrasses them to some degree,a nd that's just not appropriate at any wedding, IMHO.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I find "prank" really hard to define.  Viral Video Film School did an episode on pranks, where he was basically saying, "None of these are really pranks, it's just being an asshole and assaulting your friends."  There's a very fine line between something that will make someone laugh and something that will just piss them off.  We used to prank each other all the time at the Jungle Cruise (tying down the gun, unplugging the mic, jungle tag, "drop the mic," etc), but everyone was usually in on it, and it was never something dangerous or that you could get too angry about.  Jungle was also an environment practically tailor-made for shenanigans like that; not so much with a wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I agree with PP on being careful with this. My wedding isn't going to be April Fool's but I am considering "Rick Rolling" my guests. You could get with your DJ about mixing a slow song and then half way through have it play Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. It would be a lighthearted prank that would be pretty funny :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards