Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Early planning :)

I'm looking at a 2012 wedding (no date decided upon yet) but I'm already doing research etc to make this day amazing with my very very small budget.  I was thinking about doing a ring bearer book instead of pillow- with the pages hollwed out a bit and the rings inside- like this http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/ring-bearer-book-how-to?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/creative-ring-pillows#slide_1

(I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics in the post)

Then I got to thinking how since my FI and I love to read maybe I can tie this theme in (not over board- just little touches here and there).  Any thoughts on how I can tie reading/books into my reception?  I was thinking cute quotes from well known books at the gift table, bar and buffet or something?  Any thoughts are appreciated :)  TIA!

Re: Early planning :)

• Options
    I'm looking at a 2012 wedding (no date decided upon yet) but I'm already doing research etc to make this day amazing with my very very small budget.  I was thinking about doing a ring bearer book instead of pillow- with the pages hollwed out a bit and the rings inside- like this http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/ring-bearer-book-how-to?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/creative-ring-pillows#slide_1

(I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics in the post)

Then I got to thinking how since my FI and I love to read maybe I can tie this theme in (not over board- just little touches here and there).  Any thoughts on how I can tie reading/books into my reception?  I was thinking cute quotes from well known books at the gift table, bar and buffet or something?  Any thoughts are appreciated :)  TIA!
  • Options
    Congratulations, and way to get a head start!  That is one of the best ways to stretch your budget.  Here are a few thoughts I had.

I saw a cute saying for a book themed wedding, "bound together."  It would be cute for save the dates or thank you notes.

This library card is cute for a save the date

Groom's Cake

You could go to an authentic "hole in the wall" used book store for favors.  Pick out the oldest, most loved books for your guests.

Instead of a bouquet, you could hold a bible.  You can even put memorial pictures on it.

For your seating arrangements, you name each table a book.  You could even put a unique quote from the book at each place setting.

Your guest book could be an antique type writer.

These remind me of an old novel, and you could easily DIY

Lastly, I think this photo idea is super cute

Hope that helps!  Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    You could probably try the DIY board, they're crafty and have some good ideas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    Great ideas! Love them all! :)  Now to pick and choose...I also posted on DIY, they are certainly crafty, maybe it'll rub off on me :)  Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards