Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Decorations--what?

I have a confession, ladies: I am hopeless when it comes to decorating.  I have lived with my fiance for 4 years, and our apartment still looks like a bachelor pad.  Embarassed  I have even suspected that I might be color-blind, but it is more likely that I don't pay attention to what things look like.  My fiance is at least as bad as I am when it comes to decorating.

That said, I figured I can't look at reception sites alone, so I took FMIL.  The only thing I really expected was for her to tell me whether the rooms will clash with my colors.  But she has been in the home decorating business for 20 years, and she's going over the top as far as I am concerned.  When we looked at some plainer rooms, she talked about renting columns and hanging fabric to cover the walls...Do people even look at walls when they go to a wedding?

My dad is paying but probably won't give much input in the planning.  He is from India and says he doesn't know anything about American weddings.  I think FMIL is trying to go overboard with suggesting things that could be expensive and that aren't very important to my fiance or me.  Dad thinks I should do whatever FMIL says.

Ladies...what do YOU think I should do?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards