Wedding Reception Forum

What has been the most...

What has been the most fun thing you've done at a wedding reception? 
I'm wanting to include some games or at least fun activities to really get the party started. I won't be having alcohol, which may be a shock to some and to others, nothing new. Anyway, I want to have the same party atmosphere without all the craziness. 
Just let me know what you have seen or are perhaps doing yourself! It's greatly appreciated!
http://mrsdanielparsons.weebly.com Can't figure out the HTML stuff ^^ That's my bio!

Re: What has been the most...

• Well, if you are not having alcohol, this make take some of the fun out of the party. I don't mean to be mean, but it is just a possibility. People also may not stay that long either.

Are you having a dj? I would ask him/her what they suggest other than the typical dances.
  • At the risk of this sounding cheesy (because it wasn't!  It was actually fun), I've seen musical chairs played with the kids at the wedding.  It was super cute.  It was followed up by an adult version that turned a little physical and completely hilarious.  This was a small(er) wedding in an upstairs of a restaurant.

That being said, I was at another wedding (similar venue) that had balloon games and all I wanted to do was not participate but the silly DJ *made* us.  Ugh.

What made the first one example better than the second was: 1. No one was forced to play.  2. No one was forced to watch (it happened on the dance floor, but plenty of tables were still chatting, going to the bar, etc...) 3. The crowd at the wedding loved it.

Know your audience.
  • I agree with PP.

The most fun I've had is when it's open bar, drinking and dancing the whole night.

Maybe start a conga line ?
  • Alcohol isn't necessary to have a great dance party!  If you have great music, everyone will have a blast.  and good food, so they have energy to dance. :)
  • if there is no alcohol then make sure you request your dj to be extra outgoing
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards