Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding reception programs

Hi all!
 Unfortunately, due to location and finances our reception will only last 3 hours. Within this time, we would like there to be dancing, a buffet meal (50 people), and of course cake. The reception will begin at 4:00 so I plan on doing the "first dance" immediately and not eating until 5:00. I am planning on hour for dinner and then cake/bouquet toss and a bit more dancing until 7:00.  This is shorter than we would like, but it is unavoidable so I am wondering if we could make programs for the reception so that everybody knows what is going on since it will all be happening rather quickly. Any ideas or sample wording? I don't know if anybody has done this before. Thanks!

Re: Wedding reception programs

• Our programs encompassed the ceremony and the reception -- on one side we had the order of events for the ceremony (standard) and on the other it listed order of events for the reception (with approximate timeline).

photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Those are super cute! Thanks for the idea!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-reception-programs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:526e6d03-3a01-4460-9347-d32f278c9e31Post:63baed35-6377-4970-a883-1bbb90cf46e2">Re: Wedding reception programs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our programs encompassed the ceremony and the reception -- on one side we had the order of events for the ceremony (standard) and on the other it listed order of events for the reception (with approximate timeline).
    Posted by kimberlyr22[/QUOTE]

I really like this idea. We are going to do a timeline of events for the entire day and put them in welcome bags. We arent having dancing at our reception so i dont think we will need a timeline for the guests. The only scheduled events for the reception are the first dance, father daughter dance and cake cutting
  • I found a cute idea on Pinterest...Have a sign at the reception door with the timeline of events on it. That's what I'm going to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards