Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Cake and punch ( wine) reception

I am thinking of having a cake and punch reception w/ light  Hor d'orvers. has anyone done this.

While the husband and i take pictures we want the hor d'erves served with prosecco ( Cheaper than Champagne) then when we get to recpection we cut cake dance meet and greet .. then out..

what are the challenges? What did you like/dislike? Do you have any tips . do's and don't for this kind of set-up?

Thanks so much
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake and punch ( wine) reception

• Options
    Ditto milkduds, this type of reception is perfect for an afternoon wedding and reception.  Wedding at 1, reception at 2 or something like that.  I've been to several like this and they are fine.  It's great to visit with family and friends and then still have your evening free.  You don't need to worry about hiring a DJ, just have some nice background music playing either through the venue's sound system or a CD player or Ipod.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lashanda1lashanda1 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    The wedding would be 12:30 or 1pm...ceremony is 30min..and we would be done around 4-430....

Im thinking catered app's like shrimp, cheese crackers, fruit etc that the guest can eat until we get there and do the dance( s) and cut cake...tea.. cofee and soda... i thought  juice boxes for kids would be kinda cool

we will def have music ... string quartet or DJ
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto PPs on holding it at a non-meal time.

Since you are serving alcohol before the cake cutting, you do need to provide your guests with something to eat then.  Pretzels, cheese and crackers, and a fruit or veggie tray would suffice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards