Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Any ideas on how to decorate a Queen Anne Armchair?

Our venue provides Queen Anne Cherry Wood Armchairs. I think they look nice, but a bit too "naked" for our formal wedding. I don't want to use a full chair cover (I'd rather leave them naked if it came to that choice). I'm ok with tying a horizontal sash, but the idea doesn't really amaze me.

I'm hoping someone on here is more creative than I am. I've googled to death and I can't seem to find any "out of the box" ideas.

Here'a a link on how the chairs look:

http://www.mymodelships.com/product_images/pid_2772-Amish-Classic-Queen-Anne-Chair-Solid-Cherry-Wood--0.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Re: Any ideas on how to decorate a Queen Anne Armchair?

• Options
    I happen to love Queen Anne style furniture, and think covering it up with anything would be very sad.

Remember, when you're looking at a room and the chairs, you're looking at an empty space.  Add colored table linens, centerpieces, and particularly people sitting in those chairs and the whole feel changes.

I can't imagine putting some fussy sash or even partial chair cover on such graceful and elegant chairs.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Honestly, I would leave them as they are. Nobody will remember what the chairs looked like.

Also, once people are sitting in them and have wraps, coats, suit jackets etc. over the back, they'll hardly be visible.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    I agree with the above. Frankly, Queen Anne chairs are delightfully formal as-is, and therefore need no decoration. Putting anything on them would look silly rather than elegant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards