Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Sweetheart table?

Is there some type of guideline to follow if you have a headtable with your wedding party sitting with you at the reception or just the bride and groom at a sweetheart table?  We have 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen and I think having 18 people at the head table is a bit much. Also, I'm sure our wedding party would like to sit with there guests.  Please help... sweetheart table or not?

Re: Sweetheart table?

• Options
    I would just go with you and  your FI sitting at the head table for the very reason you posted.  That way the WP can sit where they would like too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_sweetheart-table-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:6e6db1a0-0059-48b8-9a66-eab11df0a474Post:58acd844-1915-4e8a-bd34-61e173b04736">Sweetheart table?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there some type of guideline to follow if you have a headtable with your wedding party sitting with you at the reception or just the bride and groom at a sweetheart table?  We have 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen and I think having 18 people at the head table is a bit much. Also, I'm sure our wedding party would like to sit with there guests.  Please help... sweetheart table or not?
    Posted by jaglynn17[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you have 16 in your WP, then your head table SHOULD have 34 people at it, as it's unkind to separate your WP from their dates or S/Os at the reception.

I think a sweetheart is the perfect solution.  You and your new DH get a little bit of private time in a day where you're both pulled in a million different directions, and your WP gets to enjoy the party at tables where they'll have fun.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options

sweetheart table

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_sweetheart-table-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:6e6db1a0-0059-48b8-9a66-eab11df0a474Post:58acd844-1915-4e8a-bd34-61e173b04736">Sweetheart table?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I'm sure our wedding party would like to sit with there guests.
    Posted by jaglynn17[/QUOTE]
    Which is why there would be 34 people at that table, not just 18.

Sweetheart table might be the way to go.

You can even do a mix of the two and seat both of your parents with you or your MOH and BM and their dates. That's usually a good option for Brides and Grooms who dont' wnt to be on "display" while everyone watching them chew.
  • Options
    The last few weddings I have been to (and mine this October) have had/will have a sweetheart table.  I think it's a way better option... its more intimate for you and your new husband, and you can seat your WP with their SOs and friends.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Options
    Not trying to take away from your question, but I figured there was no reason to start a new thread on the same topic.

I think that would be a lot (and intimidating) to have all of those people at one table. Sweetheart table would be better for your situation.

What about mine? We are having 10 people in the wedding party, but there is one of my friends who is not in the bridal party and a few husbands of the BM that are not groomsmen. Should I just put them all at one table and have a wedding party table, or have a sweetheart table so BM can sit with their husbands and my other friend?

Photobucket

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards