Wedding Reception Forum

Table Linens Question!

HELLO!My wedding reception is going to be in a country club ballroom. The room itself if neutral with beige walls and a wood floor.
My wedding colors are ivory, champagne, pale blush, light gray...just very soft and romantic.
We are expecting around 300 guests so the floor plan consists of about 14 rectangular tables along the perimeter of the room and the rest are round tables. There will be a large rectangular bridal party table, too.
Since there are so many tables- how do I choose linens? It seems like if they all match it could be overkill. Do I have two variations- one for the rectangles and one for the circles? Or multiple variations?
PLEASE OFFER ADVICE! THANK YOU!

Re: Table Linens Question!

• edited March 2013
    Hello Corinnemcg! There is always so much to consider when choosing table linen colors, but what it all comes down to is personal choice. From the sounds of it, you don't want too much flash but you wouldn't mind some variation. Ivory tablecloths make for a great base color that you can accent in many different ways with the other colors you mentioned. Try ivory tablecloths with beige or silver runners. Use a satin material for the runners if you want a more bold look or try organza runners for a sheer look.
    Since you already have plenty of colors for your wedding, it would be best to just have a base color for your tablecloths (ivory) and accent them with smaller details to create a stylish and elegant impact.
    As a side note, since you have such a large crowd, I would recommend buying your linens instead of renting. Being able to keep them or even turn them around and sell will definitely save you money in the end!
  • Does the venue provide any base linens.  Our venue provides a base linen or white or ivory so we have to decorate beyond that.  I have been looking at organza overlays in magenta , burgundy, aubergine and navy
  • I would do every table in the same color linen.  If the venue provides cloth napkins, do those in a different color, to add a pop.  We did ivory linens with dark purple napkins.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards