Wedding Reception Forum
Options

First Dance- which do you prefer and why?

If you have just a few minutes, these two songs really have me torn!!!  My fiance is just as torn as I !!  I wonder if either are popular first dance songs?  Well, perhaps you can help nudge us one way or the other. 

Which song do you prefer and why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KLPAMo5QTc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWzuLAHnGBQ

Ultimately I do know that I can't just base this decision on what strangers prefer...but I do sincerly feel that your ears and sensitivity could be quite valuabe to me for tipping the scales =)

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.

Re: First Dance- which do you prefer and why?

• Options
    Heavenly Day by  far! It is a beautiful song, I've always loved this song.  The other one is a little slow.  I am just partial to this song, I love it! If my fiance and I didn't have a song I would love this, but since we do I have it on our dinner play list.
  • Options
    Use one for the first dance & the other one for for last dance just before the grand exit.
  • Options
    Great idea. I think either are fine.
  • Options
    Both are beautiful and appropriate songs, but I lke "Heavenly Day".  Has a little better beat to dance to. 

"Grow Old" is also beautiful, but is just toooo slow for a special/spotlight dance.  When you get that slow, it bores the guests, and slows the mood and momentum of the party/reception. 

Plus, when a song is that slow it takes on an intimate quality, that makes me feel awkward watching. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_first-dance-prefer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:6fa5512a-2b1b-4a5a-b994-e97784149c3aPost:fb081a48-379a-4caf-84f8-15f83cf91371">Re: First Dance- which do you prefer and why?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Both are beautiful and appropriate songs, but I lke "Heavenly Day".  Has a little better beat to dance to.  "Grow Old" is also beautiful, but is just toooo slow for a special/spotlight dance.  When you get that slow, it bores the guests, and slows the mood and momentum of the party/reception.  Plus, when a song is that slow it takes on an intimate quality, that makes me feel awkward watching. 
    Posted by Catwoman708[/QUOTE]

relevant and well-thought out...thank you!!!
    I so appreciate the ladies here=)
    judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
  • Options
    Have you listened to the John Lennon version of Grow old with me?- love it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed - "Heavenly Day". I also think the speed is better and it is a prettier song (although "Grow Old with Me" is also beautiful). Also, it is a little less overdone than "Grow Old with Me"...IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards