Wedding Reception Forum
Options

colors help!

Our wedding is set for July of 2010., he popped the question in April of 2009, since the planning has begun i have changed my color about 5 times, which i think is normal, its a special day and i want it to be special!!! Originally, i started off with an orange/ tangerine color, then changed to watermelon/ pink color that davids bridal carries, then i switched to horizon blue, then pearl pink, then black. now i just have NO idea. i need advice.! its hard, because i have to keep in mind that in my party i have girls with very different skin tones, from very fair and blonde, to dark skinned with very black hair.

Re: colors help!

• Options
    You could have them wear black dresses and then bring your colors in through the flowers and guys tux vests and ties.  That's really popular.  Your flowers could combine the orange, watermelon, and pink for a bright look.

Another idea would be to take your girls dress shopping with you and have them try on the various colors you like and pick the color that looks the best on all of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just take them shopping and find a color that works for all of them.  It may end up being a color that's completely different than what you originally planned.

One look that I really like right now is having the bridesmaids in a spectrum of colors.  If we hadn't chosen black and white as our wedding colors pretty much immediately, I probably would have had my girls in shades of blue, from very pale to very dark.  That way they can each choose the shade that works for them, but it's still in the same color family.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options

Ask them which color they prefer.  As a pale blonde, I know pearl pink doesn’t work for me.  I think generally saturated colors (and black!) work best on most people.  You could also do shades of one color, so each girl gets what best compliments her skin tone.

• Options
    Ok so what were your reasons for switching all the colours (that's how we spell it in Jamaica) you listed above?

I'm using Horizon Blue from David's Bridal =)

I think you should include your FI by using his fav. colour and yours and then work from their. Hopefully you can find flowere to coordinate with you guys' fav. colours.

I don't think you should worry about your bridesmaid's having different skin tones and hair colours. I'm sure everyone will look great in whatever colour. Maybe you and your FI could discuss colours and then let your bridal party vote and whichever 2 colours have the most votes WIN!!!

Hope this helps Smile
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_colors-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:74d5ad76-99fd-4da1-a57a-be7d56a4a193Post:f854d7c9-2480-40cf-887e-1db3e19125e2">Re: colors help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think you should worry about your bridesmaid's having different skin tones and hair colours. I'm sure everyone will look great in whatever colour.
    Posted by Ashe- Monique Wint[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's not remotely true.  I have pale skin with a warm undertone, and pale yellows and pinks make me look really red and blotchy.  If a friend wanted me to wear a color like that, I'd probably do it, but I wouldn't be terribly thrilled.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards