Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Timeline help!

This is my time line so far I'm doing the music myself and so I'm trying to figure out how much I need.
300  ceramony
330 head to resption hall
400 1st dance/ start buffet.
500 open dance floor
600 cake/ toast
700 more dancing
800-900 end
How many hours of dance music do you think I need?  does this look relistic?
BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Our son died at 16weeks 6days on September 22, 2010 The greatest thing you?ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge My Blog

Re: Timeline help!

• Options
    How many people are invited?  You should consider the time it takes to wait in line and eat.  An hour is long enough for a small reception, but I would extend that time if you have a large guest list.

Since next thing on the timeline is dancing.. you can just leave it up to your DJ to figure it out.  He should be able to gage when to start the dance floor by whether or not most people are still eating.  So you can always tell him to start around 5... but wait until the timing is right.

HTH!
  • Options
    I don't have a dj 
    I'm doing the muic myself  
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Our son died at 16weeks 6days on September 22, 2010 The greatest thing you?ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge My Blog
  • Options

Check your spelling a little bit better its hard to read some of this because of the spelling mistakes.

Are you having a receiving line? Are you taking any pictures afterwards? Are you having a cocktail hour?  If any of these are Yes you are going need to allow for more time after the ceremony.

How long is your ceremony? You will literally be going from ceremony to reception (nothing in between) if thats what you want and you wont need to take pics afterwards or do a receiving line that time is fine.

I assume your reception hall is at a different location which is why its 30 minutes until the 1st dance and buffet. An hr seems like an ok time frame for eating dinner. 5:00 open dance floor
    6:00 cake/ toast
    you had more dancing at 7:00 but some guests may want to continue dancing if they have already finished their cake or aren't eating any cake. I wouldn't shut down the dance floor during cake time. Just keep your dance floor open and music going from 5:00 until the end of the night.

Are you doing a bouquet or garter toss? Final B&G exit song? Parent dance?

• Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I think a half hour for cake cutting/toasting will be enough.  If there are more than 2 toasts, people get bored and want to do something else.  Factoring in your photo taking also, unless you are doing it all before the ceremony.  You said you are doing the music yourself - are you also going to do all the announcing?  I would think it would be better to delegate that to a close friend/family member that can oversee that things go smoothly, as you will be busy enough as the bride.

One more thing:  I read over your post again and wanted to suggest you let your guests be aware that the buffet starts at 4 pm - with a 3 pm ceremony, they may not expect to eat more than dessert, and plan to either eat a full meal later on, or a large lunch so they will not be hungry.  Just a thought.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards